Below you’ll find our current job openings. If you’re interested in working with our dynamic team, please contact us—we’d love to talk with you!
- Administrative Assitant
- Lab Assistant / Water Sampling
- Business Development Director
- Water Distribution Operator
- Civil Engineer
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Trainee
Administrative Assistant / Front Lobby Receptionist
This position is part-time with the possibility of becoming full-time. The ideal candidate is upbeat, task-oriented, and detailed. Experience in Administrative Admin work is preferred but not required.
Lab Assistant / Water Sampling
This position is full-time. This employee will be trained in-house to assist in the lab and in the collection / delivery of water samples. Experience is appreciated but not necessary. This person will be driving a company vehicle and must have a license with a clean driving record. With demonstrated dependability, the company will offer opportunities for company paid water / wastewater licensure. Interviews are on-going with an immediate start date.
Business Development Director
Wanted: Energetic and innovative Business Development Director to serve a growing and emerging engineering, construction and consulting organization located in the upstate of South Carolina specializing in the water/wastewater industry.
Candidate will be responsible for being the liaison between customers, clients, and constituents for existing projects as well as responsible for continued development of our client and customer base.
Goldie Associates is uniquely positioned within the water/wastewater industry due to our vast knowledge in all aspects of design, management, and engineering of water/wastewater systems. We also offer civil site design consulting and environmental compliance services for proper management of water resources.
Responsibilities and Duties
Day to day activities will involve visiting customer locations, calling on potential customers in our service area, as well as meeting with engineering staff for project updates. The main purpose of this role is to attract, maintain and recruit new customers while maintaining relationships with existing clients. Extensive customer and client interaction is the primary responsibility of this role.
Qualifications and Skills
While an engineering degree is not required for this position, having a working knowledge of engineering language and being well versed in water/wastewater application in municipal and industrial operations is a plus. The successful candidate would possess strong business acumen along with great attention to detail. This role will require the candidate to possess the ability to communicate effectively across many diverse professional disciplines as well as possess the ability to negotiate through crisis as well as success. Our desired candidate would possess the ability to effectively communicate our vision to potential customers as well as be the perfect fit for our family friendly environment and culture.
Water Distribution Operator
The Water Distribution Operator will be responsible to operate and maintain the water distribution system to meet or exceed DHEC requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform valve maintenance
- Flush water lines
- Collect bacteriological samples
- Perform turn on & shut offs as needed
- Prepare Water Loss reports
- Repair small water leaks
- Replace/install water meters & meter boxes
- Meet with DHEC for Sanitary Survey
- Available for Emergency Calls
- Assist in leak repairs
- Read Water Meters
- Assist in other areas when needed
- Learn, understand and stay abreast of techniques and science of drinking water treatment and/or distribution
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Associate’s degree (Preferred)
- Water Distribution license (Minimum Class “D” Required)
- CDL License (Preferred)
- 1 year of experience in water distribution operations.
Goldie Associates is seeking an experienced full-time Civil Engineer to work in our Seneca, SC office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engineering and design of water lines, sewer lines, water distribution systems, pump stations, and septic systems for municipalities, industries, and developers
- Developing contract documents
- Conducting the bidding process
- Construction management of water and wastewater construction projects
- Field visits to inspect construction progress and oversee testing of constructed projects
- Frequent interaction with regulatory agencies
- Professional Engineering license in the state of SC
- At least 5 years of experience in water and sewer design and construction management
- Experience working with regulatory agencies for permitting (experience with SC, GA, and NC agencies is a plus)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D (preferred)
- Stormwater planning, civil site design, and surveying experience (preferred)
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Trainee
This is trainee level work in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant equipment and facilities. The purpose of this classification is to prepare the trainee for certification required for employment as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. After instruction and orientation, the employee will be expected to carry out routine duties as performed by a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
Under the supervision of a Certified Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator, the trainee will operate and care for a variety of wastewater treatment plant equipment. Work involves proper operation and regulation of plant equipment so that end products meet the quality standards of the federal and state regulatory agencies. Work includes operation of pumps and other related equipment, taking samples for laboratory analysis, taking and recording of meter readings at regular intervals and adding chlorine and other chemicals to the wastewater.
Examples of Work Performed:
Under the supervision of a Certified Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator the trainee will be required to learn and demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Closely observing the physical characteristics of wastewater under treatment, such as settleability, and color and odors, and to differentiate between normal and abnormal.
- Operating and adjusting blowers, pumps, agitators, computers, valves and other equipment in order to maintain the highest degree of treatment for wastewater.
- Recognizing equipment failure or deficiencies and taking appropriate corrective action utilizing sound judgment.
- Reading a variety of charts and meters, keeping accurate log sheets and preparing reports.
- Conducting laboratory procedures to determine dissolved oxygen, chlorine residual, pH and alkalinity to verify the accuracy of computer generated values.
- Monitoring flow rates, dissolved oxygen, chlorine residual, pH, turbidity, MLSS (mixed liquors suspended solids) and other plant characteristics.
- Collecting samples from different stages of treatment for chemical, physical or biological analysis.
- Preparing work order requests to repair or calibrate plant equipment.
- Attending training courses when available, to be eligible for examination by the State of South Carolina for “C” level certification.
- Performs related work as required.
- Have graduated from a standard high school or possess an acceptable G.E.D. certificate from a recognized issuing agency.
- CDL License (Preferred)
Necessary Special Requirement
Must obtain a Class “C” Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator’s Certificate by the third examination attempt or within two and one-half (2-1/2) years from the date of hire as a trainee, whichever comes first, as issued by the State of Carolina.
Are you looking for a new career path but don’t have the qualifications required?
Goldie Associates can help you learn a new trade and assist you in establishing a new career path as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator with the potential annual salary ranges as follows:
Trainee: $20,000 – $22,000
Grade D: $23,000 – $27,000
Grade C: $28,000 – $36,000
Grade B: $33,000 – $37,000
Grade A: $40,000 plus