Data Analyst / Lab Assistant
- Receiving and entering lab analysis data into multiple databases (30% of time)
- Managing data by revising and/or creating filing systems (25% of time)
- Preforming lab analysis (25% of time)
- Maintaining lab sample bottle inventory
- Shipping and receiving samples
- Learning field sampling and operations
The lab technician mission is to perform basic lab testing and data entry.
- Enter lab results LAMP and CAPTAINS (inventory software) with only minor assistance after 1 month.
- Within 3 to 6 months, understand data enough to recognize exceedances and potential violations while entering data and inform the pretreatment coordinator.
- Within 3 months, perform a variety of basic wet chemistry and microbiological analyses on water, wastewater, soils, sludge, and other environmental media (Level I).
- Responsible for compliance and adherence to laboratory quality assurance/quality control standards relative to tasks performed.
- Within 6 months, enter results of laboratory testing into applicable databases; identify and resolve data entry errors or bring to attention of supervisor(s).
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records related to laboratory activities, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data.
- Maintain and clean laboratory, following established procedures for the safe disposal of hazardous waste items and materials.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.